Design thinking is a way of solving problems that involves using your imagination and creativity. Design Thinking is like being a detective, but instead of solving a mystery, you’re trying to figure out how to make something better or solve a problem.
Here’s an example: Let’s say you want to make a new toy for your little brother or sister.
- First, you would think about what your brother or sister likes to do. You could ask them questions or observe what they like. Be empathetic towards their likes and dislikes. Try to play with toys they like and understand why they like those toys.
- After you have gathered all the information, define what you are set to make.
- Imagine and think of different ways that you could make a toy that would be fun for them.
- Next, you would start to make a prototype, or a rough model of your toy. You could use anything you have around the house like cardboard, clay, or even Legos. You could also draw a picture of it.
- After you have a prototype, you would test it out with your brother or sister to see if they like it. They might have some suggestions for how to make it better, and then you would go back to the drawing board and make changes. This process is called iteration.
Finally, once you have a toy that your brother or sister loves, you can share it with other kids and see if they like it too!
Design thinking is a fun way to use your imagination and creativity to solve problems and make things better. And it’s not just for making toys, you can use it to solve any kind of problem, big or small.
Let your child exercise their imagination and creative muscle by attending Kidpreneurship design thinking workshops! Our workshops are designed specifically for kids and are filled with fun and interactive activities that will help kids learn all about design thinking.
Our workshops are led by experienced and knowledgeable instructors who will guide students through the process of creating and testing their own prototypes. They will learn how to think like a designer and use their creativity to come up with innovative solutions to problems.
At Kidpreneurship, we believe that kids have the potential to make a big impact on the world, and our workshops are designed to help them tap into their potential. We’ll teach them the skills they need to become a successful kid entrepreneur and make their ideas a reality.
Plus, our workshops are a great way to meet other kids who share passion for design thinking. Kids will make new friends and have a blast while learning new skills.